The bold initiative took off in 2015 in Belgium, with the aim of creating a powerful tool that would bring restaurant management in the 21st century. Expert Network was part of the journey from the beginning as we shaped the product and offered the technical solution to bring this idea to life.
The particularities of the HORECA market like managing food stocks, invoices, orders, bookings, etc. require robust processes and varied features that determine the longevity of an organization. Creating an online platform that could efficiently handle these tasks while also simplifying the roles of entrepreneurs and users, was the dream.
The first step we took was to analyze the basic business flows, describing the core functionalities of the first version of the application. We selected the proper technology solution for the platform by taking into account: scalability, flexibility, reliability, and operational intelligence.
Next, we went with an MS Azure Cloud-based solution that would check not only the most important boxes in terms of a wide palette of choices but would also provide solid ground for the support of modern platform architecture. Some core functionalities added include:
– menu engineering.
– cloud-based purchase order system.
– centralized ordering.
– app responsiveness as well as stock management.
The app was also designed to be operational on a tablet and to be responsive.
Over the years, what followed was the expansion of the platform’s architecture along with its consistent adoption by an increasing number of independent restaurants and chains. Growzer has also boosted its reputation, working with renowned brands like Unilever, Lantmannen Unibake, Sligro, Metro, proving its worth and value in today’s ecosystem.
– increased productivity, improved controls, and lower costs.
– automated internal processes.
– smart insights and ML-based sales predictions.
– high functionality of the purchase order system.
– updated stock information to ensure customer satisfaction.
– connection with HR management systems which report about the human-related costs.
– links with suppliers ERP systems to get updated information about pricing and the stock availability of the goods.